Friday, September 7, 2007

Kimmer on the Kimkins Controversy

These are her words. Her replies to questions asking for clarification about the recent allegations made. Her replies to concerned pleas to clear up the issues, ensure the safety of those on the diet plan and consider the legal liability of those involved.

The full text of Kimmer's comments can be seen at Becky's blog: Winning Weight Loss

We will only post a few highlights.

Also - we thought it was funny that Kimmer quoted OUR post "An Open Letter To Kimmer", which she obviously read, but oddly, didn't respond to.

And for all those reading this, no, we are not Amy/Cutie or affiliated in any way with Catherine and Martin of Slamboard. We know them and we appreciate their efforts, support them in any way we can, but we are not those people. Sorry, Kimmer. Wrong again.

Our comments are in red.

July 31, 2007, 7:06 pm

I'm writing quickly because today is "social worker day" for the boys and they'll be here soon. It's a lengthy process and I won't be back on for a few hours.

Hmm.. she didn't have foster children on that date, as far as we can tell. Odd.

Don't ignore the issues? I disagree. Ignoring has worked which is why the anti-Kimkins blogs now have the "Open Letter to Kimmer".

I disagree about replying to the naysayers because there is no end with those people. Amy won't be satisfied until Kimkins is offline.

And neither will we.

We have teenager as members, but I don't know that they are teenagers when they join.

We are low calorie after ketosis kicks in or with the shake option, but those calories are identical to post-WLS patients (500 cal a day for months), original Optifast and Medifast (450-700 cal a day for months).

I don't ever want to hear a Kimkins supporter tell me that Kimkins is NOT low calorie ever again! Got it?

Anorexia is a psychological disorder. Do we have people with ED on Kimkins? Of course. I weighed 318 pounds and you don't get that big without an improper relationship with food so I have an ED.

It shows.

If we make changes it will be announced with the Maintenance Plan (which will be a work in progress from member feedback).

If she had really lost any weight with her plan, and maintained it for 5 years as she claims, she would KNOW what the maintenance plan was.. instead she's waiting for her members to make one up? NOW we know why!

I cannot support a twisted version of Kimkins that turns into a mini-South Beach.

Which is what most people that say they are doing Kimkins are REALLY doing. You saw Kimmer's guidelines for yourself.

Anyone with heart palpitations, fainting or other serious conditions should see their doctor of course, not post on a forum asking for advice. There is nothing about removing carbs to cause those symptoms.

Does she not get it? It's not about the carbs, it's the 500 calories that she so strongly recommends!

Photos - I will not add new photos or explain of current ones anymore than I have. There is not end with this.

There is now. We saw your real photos.

Medical Boards/Dateline - I'm completely unconcerned. If Kimkins is sued, it won't be me in court. I have no legal connection to Kimkins. I'm not the blithering idiot Catherine and others think I am. There's no sinister reason for my secrecy. I'm not a felon on the lam. I am a private person because I want to be. I write articles under pen names because I want to and have for 23 years. With all the hoopla and probing, shouldn't people be coming out of the woodwork who "know" me? Nope. No one knows who Kimmer is.

Yes, we know who Kimmer is, despite your twisted attempts to infer that Heidi Kimberly Diaz is a separate person.

Cruise - What a "relaxing" 5 days that would be. Staring, photos, whispering and full blog exposes when I return ... not to mention sitting across the table from Jimmy. And don't forget the stalkers.

lol

Maintenance Plan - I'm working on it. Every day seems to bring new time consuming challenges that suck hours out of the day. I'll get 'something' up. It will be simple. It will need revision.

Why not just use the plan that you used to maintain your great weight loss for 5 years? Oh wait, right, nevermind. Silly.

For Kimkins there could conceivably be an issue of liability in tort ... once they get through jurisdiction, causation in fact and proximate cause. As I've mentioned, please don't be concerned on our behalf.

Conceivably.

If I sound flip, I apologize and that's purely unintentional. It's only that if I have one more "well meaning" person email me about concers for my legal liability I'm going to scream. It is a non-issue for me, no matter what my association. If it is an issue for any of you, I understand. Please seek legal counsel.

Yeah, she's "judgment proof" remember?

My outlook is different because I probably grew up differently than most/all of you. I have different way of looking at things and what I hold valuable.

We noticed.

Again, if anyone isn't willing to take a bullet for Kimkins

Yes, she really said that.

COMMENTS
Mimi said...

KDanger, you are AWESOME (with a capital A, W, E, S, O, M, and E :) Brilliant commentary!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that as of the morning of 9/7, Kimmer is still saying that she has foster boys....she posted that she's sorry she wasn't around much the day before, but her foster boy with autism was taking up so much of her time. I just wonder how she feels she can get away with talking about them, if its not true.

OhYeahBabe said...

Stop the fraud! Join the Kimkins lawsuit!

No comments: