Sunday, August 26, 2007

In Kimmer's Own Words

Here are some outrageous, dangerous and amazing things Kimmer has said. Review these carefully before considering this crazy diet plan.

*

Kimmer,
A question about my calories? Do you think 900 calories a day is ok if I am not hungry for anymore then that? Will my body go in starvation mode do you think? Even if im not hungry?

Kimmer's Reply - Not at all. Look at people with gastric bypass surgery (400-500 calories), Stillmans (600-750 calories) or the water fasters (0 calories) ... all lose 1 pound a day or more.
*

*
Kimmer (who refers to Dr. Atkins as "Dr. Fatkins" uses him to try to validate her own plan)
Carb count.

Dr. Atkins never allowed 3 cups of cooked veggies because broccoli, cooked spinach, cauliflower, asparagus, etc. all contain more carbs than salad type veggies like lettuce, raw spinach, etc.

The intent of Dr. Atkins original book (or Dr. Stillman's) was to lose body fat very quickly via very, very low carbs ... then, start adding foods back once you've done your bod a favor by dumping the fat.

Dr. Atkins even went to far as to say "loosely" measure lettuce, as if firmly packed lettuce would have had huge carbs. His point was low, low, low carb.
*

*
Yes i do use a food scale i want to know exactly how much i am putting in my mouth i guess you could say i am almost obsessive about it. At this point i cannot handle any gains. I was just worried because with the small gain this morning sent me over the edge. I thought gee i gained just by thinking about ice cream. I have to lose at least 20 lbs my may 26 and will do whatever it takes to do it

Kimmer's Reply - Your carbs are very, very low (and calories too), so you're do for a "whoosh" by tomorrow morning. Once it starts, it's like a domino effect and gets bigger, faster ... you'll see.
*

*
Atkins isn't so bad after all -

Kimmer - No, I find it very easy to keep my weight stable, but I think it's largely because I don't eat "white" ... sugar, pasta, bread, tortillas, rice. My meals tend to be lean protein, any veggie (tiny corn or potato on occasion), 2-3 fruits and a low cal yogurt. Why this works for me is because I don't like "thinking" which is why Atkins was perfect -- count to 20, got it.
*

*
Kimmer on the fastest way to lose weight - DON'T EAT ANYTHING!

Kimmer - The fastest weight loss will be at the lowest calories and lowest carbs so:


FASTEST: Water fasting
FASTER: Kimmer's 3 Day Experiment (long term) or
Stillman's (original, not BB version w/ desserts)
FAST: Kimkins or 1972/1992 Atkins
OK, NOT GREAT: Atkins 1996-2005

I think transitioning to "old" Atkins or Kimkins after a few days of "protein only" probably makes people feel better since they're adding a dab of veggies, but there's no nutritional reason for it.

Are you foregoing phytonutrients? Yes. But more importantly, are you quickly reducing your risk for type 2 diabetes and heart disease? Yes.
*

*
Kimmer on SNATT -

Kimmer - If anyone was curious, SNATT stands for
Semi Nauseous All The Time which is the feeling many have in what I term 'real' ketosis (as opposed to the fake 'stick' kind with no weight loss).

note - ketosis is the byproduct of the metabolic state of lipolysis. One cannot "be in ketosis" as such. It's a catchphrase that is technically incorrect
*

*
Kimmer -
I think Kimkins is better, but it's a personal interpretation as to "use only enough fat to make your menu work".

Some people may "need" 4 tablespoons of salad dressing on 3 salads ... whoa Nelly that's a lot of calories! I strongly recommend low cal dressing, there's a wide variety ... some so low they're almost free!

The Kimkins veggie "allotment" is directly from Dr. Atkin's 1992 book. We need to keep in mind that .5 cup is only a tiny Jello cup.
*

*
Kimmer on emotional eating -

Kimmer - Emotional eating? I might be the queen of emotional eating! It wouldn't take much to veer me off my path ... argument with my husband, bad day at work, missing my deceased parents on Mother's & Father's Day. Even good news was a catalyst ... job promotion, new car, family parties.

This happened repeatedly. I lost very large amounts via water fasting and a few years later on Weight Watchers
*

*
Don't just cut fats, cut PROTEIN TOO!

Kimmer -

If you're not hungry, how about a bit less protein (12 oz of chicken is more than you need ...
*

*
Sage advice???

Kimmer - Yes. I think exercise is good (so is water), but I don't do either.

From a weight loss standpoint exercise doesn't help all that much. (...) An exception might be people with obsessive or addictive personalities
*

*
Will Kimmer go on the Kimkins Cruise?

Kimmer - Doh, I just reread your post. Are you going on a cruise? Yikes, you're brave! If it were me, I'm sure I'd already be making up my "excuse" list. I'm so pathetic at times, LOL.
*

*
Kimmer on her credentials -

Kimmer - How have I learned? Hmmm, experience, tears, research, screaming, trial & error, back to square one ... so, all of the above.
*

Will add more when I feel I can read more of her posts without becoming violently ill.

COMMENTS

OhYeahBabe said...

Encourage people who were members of Kimkins to join the Kimkins lawsuit!

No comments: